Japan's great, the flight was great, Wal-Mart Sucks……




So while you all are sleeping, I’ve found some time to write a few words. Christe and I have made it safe and sound to Narita, Japan. The flight was a breeze! I mean it, the shortest 13-hour flight I’ve ever embarked on. I don’t think I brought up work in conversation one time.

Simple and to the point we watched some bad movies with Japanese sub-titles. We ate some really good food, which I’m sure will be one of the last chances to do so until we return in August. We even found a way to catch a few winks (about 2 hours each) on the way.

We did however have our first travel mishap! My wife the expert packer needed ONE MORE BAG for the trip. So a quick trip to the local Wal-Mart to get a bag that should get us to China and then the plan was to ditch it for a larger one we would by there.

Well, guess what? The shit broke the second time she lifted the handle up! And right before we’re to go through security in Japan. Now keep in mind she’s sending a rolly-on through the security with half of the handle shaft protruding out ready to impale some small Japanese security checkpoint worker. Now I’m carrying the damn thing. If you put wheels on something, IT SHOULD ROLL.

Having that said, we’ve gotten a beer and I’m sleepy as all get out. So it’s off to Beijing to try out my Mandarin. I’ll try to write more then. Hugs to all that need ‘em and sorry Steve but the battery hasn’t held up the way I’ve hoped.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry about the battery, dude. They are pretty common, and you should be able to find an extra in China. The Canon model number is BP-511 or BP-511A. The "A" model has longer life and is available for $50 in the US. Third parties also make the battery. Camera stores should stock them, as well as places similar to Best Buy (it's also a camcorder battery).

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8, Medical Exam, Buddhist Blessing, 10 Family Temple, and a Pearl River Cruise…….whew

London is in China! - I have to post pictures slowly!

Cash’s stinky little error and more china travel tips …..